Client Terms & Conditions
- These terms & conditions are related and governed by the services of Crooton Ltd. We are a provider of Fixed Fee Recruitment Solutions from 9th December 2019.
- Crooton Ltd and the client will discuss open employment vacancies and the type of candidate they wish to recruit, this will be both via verbal and written communication. If the client engages the services of Crooton Ltd, a brief will be obtained to understand the vacancy and an advert and pre-screening assessment will be emailed to the Client for approval. On written or e-mail approval of the vacancy by the Client, the Client has accepted the terms and conditions and will enter a contract from that date
- Crooton Ltd charge fees based on the product type, and volume of products purchased. Fees are exclusive of VAT which is payable at the current rate, these fees will be detailed separately on the invoice. Fees are non-refundable.
- Fees will be due at the point of the initial contract date. Crooton Ltd reserve the right not to initiate the service purchased until proof of purchase has been received.
- Crooton Ltd may agree a lengthened payment period with a Client. This is to be agreed in writing before the service commences.
- If Fees are not paid by the client on the date they fall due, Crooton Ltd shall be entitled, at its sole discretion, (1) to charge interest at a rate of 3% above the base rate of the Bank of England as applying from time to time, or, if higher, the rate prescribed in terms of the late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 from the due date for payment until receipt by Crooton Ltd of the full amount, whether or not after judgment; and / or (2) to suspend the provision of its services (i.e. the delivery of details of potentially suitable candidates for the vacancy) until such time as payment has been made.
- Crooton Ltd and the Client will take all steps to ensure confidential information is protected against unauthorised disclosure.
- Candidate information will be stored and used securely in accordance with GDPR regulations.
- Candidate applications, including their personal details within, are only to be used for the purpose of the vacancy they have applied for, unless they have provided additional consent to be contacted about future roles.
- Clients must treat candidate data in accordance with GDPR regulations and ensure secure disposal when no longer required.
- Crooton Ltd ask candidates to undertake a pre-screening assessment based on Client criteria. It is the Clients responsibility to carry out and confirm any relevant employment checks where required. Crooton Ltd does not accept any liability for these checks.
- Crooton Ltd will not be liable for any loss, expense, damage, delay costs or compensation (whether direct, indirect or consequential) which may be incurred by the Client, arising from or in any way connected with the provision of services provided by Crooton Ltd.
Nothing in these terms will limit or exclude Crooton’s liability for any matter for which it would illegal or unlawful to exclude liability, including personal injury or fraud.
- Any person not party to the original contract, will not have any rights under or in connection with it.
- If any point within these terms prove to be unenforceable by law, the remaining points will still be in full effect.
- No variation of these terms will be agreed, unless in writing and signed by Crooton Ltd
- The terms and confirmation will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.